Be a “Virtuoso Leader”…
- Leaders often have to be able and ready to play many different roles in their business.
- A “Virtuoso Leader” has the ability and knowledge to realize what situations call for which roles and to adapt to new situations quickly.
- Use emotional intelligence: employees need an outlet to express their emotions. Check in with them and allow them to express issues so you can help process them.
- Be relentless: a leader must project energy to their team and talk to them often in order to keep them focused and on the same page.
- You’ll have to repeat yourself multiple times – this is a good thing. Employees like consistent messaging; it gives them a sense of purpose and mission.
Create a Company “Time Management Calendar”…
- By creating a specific weekly schedule, you can keep your team on track.
- Consider eliminating Monday meetings – use the day instead to “absorb and process.”
- Then give each other day of the week a theme: Use Tuesdays to “download and discuss,” Wednesdays to “adapt and decide,” Thursdays to “keep, start, or stop doing,” and Fridays to “prepare and reflect” (and maybe leave early!)