Most of us think that when our website is finally up and running, the work is done and it’s time to kick back and relax. Nothing can be farther from the truth.
Your website is a living, breathing part of an active marketing program that needs constant care and feeding.
Here are 10 quick and easy upgrades you can make this week to help your website design thrive:
- Add offers to your home page, secondary pages and landing pages. This will directly impact the number of leads your site generates.
- Make sure you have a range of offers that appeal to people who are just researching as well as those who want to talk with you today.
- Add a blog to your site. Yes, you need a blog and yes, you have to write for the blog at least a few times a week. If you can’t do that, find a firm to help you.
- Add testimonials to all the pages, but if you can’t do that, at least add a testimonials page. Visitors need to see third party validation.
- Add video marketing to your site. People love watching videos and they want to learn about your company by watching video.
- Make sure you understand what keywords you want your site to be associated with when people search. Add those keywords to your website copy on relevant pages.
- Add a Google Map to your Contact Us page. Visitors like to see where you are and Google likes to see you using their gadgets.
- Test your Contact Us form. This may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how many business websites we’ve reviewed whose contact form was not functioning.
- Make sure you have analytics on the site. Google Analytics are free and give you enough information to make decisions on the performance of your site going forward.
- Schedule a regular weekly meeting to review the performance of your site and then make minor changes EVERY SINGLE week until you start to see positive changes.
You wouldn’t host a party without sending invitations right? Don’t make the same mistake with your business’ website. You have to tell people about your site. You have to give them a reason to visit your site and you have to let them know how visiting your site is going to help them do their jobs better. It’s not easy, but it’s the right advice!
If you want to learn how to drive traffic to your website, Download this Free Report, 4.5 Ways To Increase Site Traffic and Page Rankings for some quick tips that we promise will increase traffic to your site if you start implementing these tactics today!