Podcast with John Warrillow author of Built To Sell
Teachable, Valuable, Repeatable
- Don’t get stuck in the “hub and spoke” mentality of being the sole conduit for your business.
- Narrow your business focus to a skill, product, or service in which you can train employees, that generates income, and for which customers have to return.
Think of Your Company as Your Most Important Product
- Don’t be the primary seller or “rainmaker” for your company.
- Instead, apply your sales skills to cultivate strategic relationships with potential buyers, even if you’re not looking to sell.
Knowing the “Right” Time to Sell and the Ideal Buyer
- Sell when it’s the most counterintuitive – when you’re feeling great and when the business has upward momentum in all of the key metrics.
- Understand the difference between “financial buyers” (buying for its current and future profitability) and “strategic buyers” (buying for future potential in their hands).