Starting and running a business is different than it was three years ago. In this podcast, Lisa Gansky author of The Mesh, shares the evolving dynamics of the accessibility and availability for everything from funding a business to ride share programs to virtual conference rooms, and how it affects new businesses as well as growing companies. Discover the steps and strategies for running a business in the sharing economy.
You will learn:
• Cultural value shifts that are causing the new sharing economy
• The definition of meshing and why it could grow your business
• How to run a company now as compared to five years ago
• Why business should be considered a contact sport
• How to take advantage of crowd-funding and other sources of start-up support
• What is needed to fund a business
Lisa Gansky is cofounder of OFoto and author of “The Mesh.” She calls herself a “marketect” and “impact junky” with a strong interest in breaking the edges of formerly happy business models and bringing together not-so-likely characters in the form of new offerings, teams and partnerships. Currently, Lisa serves as an advisor and investor in New Resource Bank, Me Please, Vayable, Loosecubes, RelayRides, TasteBook, Squidoo, Nuko, Greenbiz, Makani Power, Pixelpipe, Mingoville, Convio and Honest Buildings.