Is social media marketing a central focus in your company’s current marketing plan? In a recent study earlier this year by White Horse, 46% of B2B marketers surveyed indicated they thought social media was irrelevant to their company. That stat alone raises some concern considering the massive growth of social media just in the last two years. However even more unsettling was what the study revealed about the executives in the B2B businesses. The study revealed about 33% of B2B marketers felt the lack of social media adoption in their company was actually due to the low level of executive interest in social media involvement overall. The stat makes sense–if the executive team is not getting onboard, the entire company follows suit.
Many times executives are hesitant to jump into the social media space because they have been exposed to poorly managed social media strategies that often times seem like a waste of time and money. You’ve likely heard the question, “Why would someone care what I’m eating for breakfast or what my cat did last night.” And although useless social media activity exists, it is becoming more and more less common as companies begin to get smart and see the value of a well-executed social media strategy. The truth is, if your company is not willing to take part in social media networking, your competitors are likely more than happy to take that space for you.
In order to not be left behind, it’s important to understand what social media can do for your business. For most businesses today, Facebook Pages are a great place to start, as they are a valuable addition to any well-rounded marketing strategy. Here’s are a few useful facts about Facebook Pages:
- Facebook Pages were designed to promote your company’s products and services and allow you to communicate with your audience one-on-one. Pages can be customized to spotlight your brand and your mission.
- With over 500 million active users on the site, it’s a safe bet that you’ll easily be able to find your ideal clients inside Facebook.
- If you have a Facebook account, you can have an unlimited amount of Facebook Pages and also have an unlimited amount of Facebook fans.
- Anyone can find and view your Facebook Page, no matter if they have a Facebook account or not. Plus, Google indexes Facebook Pages, meaning your Page can organically show up in search engines.
- Your Facebook Page can have more than one admin, meaning multiple people in your company can edit and mange your Page as well as post on your company’ behalf. Multiple admins can be a smart strategy to help build fan engagement and activity on your Page. However, you want to be cautious! Assigning Page admins is like hiring a new employee; you want to make sure your admin is a good fit for the job.
The secret weapon to a successful Facebook Page is a dedicated, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Facebook team. The great news is that this team likely already exists within your internal teams so you do not have to go far to put your Facebook team together.
To View Part-2, Click Below: